CHCW is looking for an Application Manager. This person will be responsible for providing oversight and management of the Applications team to create efficient use of the electronic health record and practice management systems. Coordinates planning, design, development, training, implementation, communication, maintenance and evaluation of existing or new functionality related to the electronic health record system and the practice management systems. Promotes patient centered medical care and demonstrates positive interpersonal communication skills which enhance team building and improved patient care. Supports development of portal, 3rd party software integrations and interfaces including HIE and vendor specific, and other electronic communication venues.
Job duties include:
- Oversees and directs day-to-day Applications team project operations and ensures they are conducted in accordance with the policies and procedures established by CHCW.
- Project Management:
- Works with stakeholders to prioritize projects related to electronic health record use and practice management.
- Coordinates subject matter expert involvement in projects to develop standard workflow according to organizations priorities.
- Ensures timely completion of projects through communication of timelines and reasonable expectations in a bi-directional fashion.
- Considers cost alternatives when developing budget plan.
- Manages individual and collective performance for overall project success.
- Identifies ad hoc team members by skills and abilities to satisfy project needs.
- Identifies potential risks and develop a plan to manage, mitigate or minimize them.
- Keeps all project stakeholders informed and up to date with performance reports, status changes and other project documents.
- Maintains list of super users’ and ensures they are trained on approved workflows.
- Monitors the Applications budget and investigates alternative purchasing sources.
- Work collaboratively with users of the electronic health record and practice management system and all other departments or groups, organization-wide, as necessary, in problem-solving issues related to these clinical information systems.
- Maintain membership on, or consultation to, committees, work groups, or task forces as related to communicate and facilitate the ongoing progress of the development, implementation, and revision of the EHR/PMS.
- Maintain a detailed understanding and working knowledge of the current EHR/PMS, its functions and its relationship to other information systems within the enterprise.
- Provide proactive user support of the EHR/PMS including, but not limited to, training and education. Assist in evaluation and development of training and in-service programs.
- Provide systems analysis and research related to the EHR/PMS including systems who interface with both EHR/PMS.
- Maintain relationships with the clinical community.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of current trends and issues in healthcare, nursing practice, office efficiency, healthcare informatics, national and state-wide standards and regulations, enterprise policies and procedures as related to clinical practice, and the legal implications of the EHR/PMS.
- Participate in presentations and publications about the EHR/PMS at conferences and in journals as appropriate. Attend conferences and seminars as appropriate.
- HS diploma /GED Health IT certificate a plus.
- Current Driver’s License and auto insurance required
- Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school in a related field and two years related experience and/or training.
- Must have some management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Understanding of Clinical workflow helpful.
- Previous experience with Allscripts Professional preferred.
- Excellent health insurance (M/D/V)
- Paid holidays (8)
Interested applicants must submit an employment application to HRRecruiter@chcw.org. Visit our website www.chcw.org to access our employment application.